Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chris Reviews Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

I did not come into this films with high expectations, It had only taken 2 weeks to get to the cheap theater and had gotten mixed reviews from what I had saw. That being said I ended up pleasantly surprised with this film. While it has it's issues, overall it was a very enjoyable film that was well worth the $1.75 I payed.

The Good-

The performances where great, I think this is the first film that I really enjoyed Keira Knightley in. Steve Carrell was good as well and continues to make smart film choices that allow him to show both his dramatic and comedic sides. I also thought they had good chemistry throughout the film.

The Bad-

I know a lot of reviewers have had a hard time with this because it has drastic shifts in tone. It did not really bother me because that is what I was expecting but I can see how people may have struggled with it. Also this is a somewhat depressing film, but that is to be expected from a film about the end of the world.

Summary-

I don't have a ton to say about this film other than that I really enjoyed it. Yeah its depressing but it is also really funny at times.It has a good message and really makes you think about what you would do in this situation. All in all this is a pretty solid Comedy that is worth a watch.

MY RATING


3.5 out of 5

Chris "Da Franchize" Hart
   

No comments:

Post a Comment