Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chris Reviews Silver Linings Playbook

Coming into this movie I really did not expect to like it. The only reason I wanted to see it is because I'm trying to watch all the Best Picture Nominees. So was this another overhyped Oscar Nominee or actually a really good drama? Read below to find out......

The Good-

Surprisingly I really enjoyed this film. I expected it to be more of a romantic comedy and it was definitely not one. The story was actually very entertaining albeit somewhat cliche and the acting was excellent. This is the first movie that I actually really like Bradley Cooper in and Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro where very good as well. The comedy was pretty good but I still feel that it was more of a drama.

The Bad-

I did think the story and some of the characters where a bit cliche but I can get passed that. Other than that there was not anything that I thought was downright bad in the movie but it never elevated itself to be an Oscar worthy movie either. So I do think it is a bit overrated from that sense.

Summary-

I can see why this film got some Oscar nominations but I do not think it should win any. It was a solid and entertaining drama/comedy but it really didn't bring anything new to the genre. Still it is well worth a watch for almost anybody!

MY RATING- 

4 out of 5

-Chris "Da Franchize" Hart

 

No comments:

Post a Comment