Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chris Reviews Looper

I'm sure you have already read Kevin's review of Looper. He had been talking non stop about this film for a long time and it seemed like it had become his favorite movie before it even came out. Now I was excited to see this movie but no where near the extent he was. So was this movie another "Amazing Spiderman" situation where we have two contrasting opinions? Read below to find out........

The Good-

Well let me first start of by saying that Kevin and I are both in agreement on this, Looper is a fantastic film! I do not think I have ever seen a movie quite like this and I mean that in a very good way. Rian Johnson has created a truly unique film that is extremely engaging. I could not take my eyes off the screen, The story is interesting, the casting is perfect, the acting is great, the makeup work on JGL is awesome and the score is cool.

The Bad-

I really cannot think of anything blatantly bad in this film. Like Kevin said the film was marketed as more of an action film and there really is not much in here so some people might be disappointed. But other than
idiots who only like Michael Bay movies, everyone should like this movie.

Summary-

This is a film that establishes Rian Johnson as the next big Sci-fi director in the same vein as Duncan Jones. Although I think this is stronger than either Moon or Source Code. Looper does everything so well that I am putting it up for consideration as my top movie of the year. I legitimately feel that this should be an Oscar contender for Best Picture. So as you can guess I Highly Recommend this film! Although I could not quite give it a 5 due mostly to a rude a-hole who essentially shushed me and Kevin during the trailers before the movie even started.
   
MY RATING

4.5 out of 5

Chris "Da Franchize" Hart    

No comments:

Post a Comment