Sunday, May 5, 2013

Chris Reviews Iron Man 3

After last summers amazing success that was The Avengers, I was not sure if Marvel could top themselves. Then I saw that Shane Black who wrote one of my favorite film franchises (Lethal Weapon) had been given the directors chair and the trailers that came out looked pretty good. So does Iron Man 3 continue the fun that was put out in the Avengers or does it sink back to the boredom that I felt when watching Iron Man 2? As usual read below to find out.....

The Good-

This is probably the most entertaining film in the Iron Man franchise. The usual witty banter from Tony Stark and overall humor work well and the action sequences are pretty engaging. The villains are great in this although I wish I could have seen more of them and there is a surprisingly good plot twist that actually caught me a little off guard. So overall it has all of the essential elements of a slick looking and very entertaining summer blockbuster.

The Bad-

I had a lot of issues with the writing of this film. While I thought the dialog was well written, the plot had a lot of issues. At times it did not seem very well thought out and that resulted in some head scratching moments. Not only that but parts of the film felt very forced and cliche. The worst scenes where when Tony Stark is teaming up with a kid who sort of becomes a side kick for part of the film. It felt like it was forced in their to appeal more to kids but the scenes just did not work for me at all. I was also not crazy about the ending to the film either but I won't spoil that for anyone. 

Overall-

Despite the numerous flaws with the plot I still think this is a pretty good summer blockbuster. It may not be at the same level as the Avengers but it is definitely better than Iron Man 2 and comes close to the first Iron Man from a purely entertainment perspective. If you can handle the convoluted plot then you should be able to have a good time watching this.

MY RATING-

3.5 out of 5

-Chris "Da Franchize" Hart

1 comment:

  1. Just saw it. Don't you also think that if they didn't go with the plot twist, it actually would have worked? Cause they build him up soooooo much, and I was VERY creeped out by him, and then they give us.. well, you know. I don't mind the twist, but I wouldn't have preferred it. Some tweaks here and there would have made this story epic. Instead, it was just entertaining to me... But yeah, WAY better than Iron Man 2. I still don't remember anything from that movie other than Mickey having electrical whips at a race track

    ReplyDelete